Wednesday, March 8, 2017

And so it begins!

        This is the very start of a long and exciting journey ahead! My partner Alex and I have always wanted to do the film opening since we first started this class. We both know it will take a lot of time and hard work, but we are willing to do it because our personal area of strength falls under filmmaking and editing.
         Initially, we had no idea what our film should even be about, let alone the genre. So, we brainstormed for weeks until I finally pitched to Alex my idea; a boy and girl in love living on opposite sides of the world. Essentially, a romance film about a long distance relationship. This is something I've always wanted to create ever since I saw "Like Crazy", an independent movie where a British girl falls in love with her American classmate while studying in LA but must eventually go back home to London and leave him behind. That movie really tugged at my heart strings for two reasons: 1. Long distance relationships don't get enough screen time! 2. I am in a long distance relationship myself. Since most romantic films typically don't feature a couple living in different parts of the world, I really wanted to base my film opening on that idea.
         Alex also came up with a cool film idea shortly after that we considered. It was a drama surrounding the occurrences of a homeless man, something on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. We agreed that it would be difficult to find an actor and specific setting for that storyline, so we settled on the long distance romance film! If anything changes, I will keep you updated.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

My Creative Critical Reflection