Friday, March 24, 2017

Ready for Our Close Ups

As I mentioned before, Alex and I are going for the 30s/40s style in our film opening. Of course, that means costumes are a key factor in representing that era. I decided to go through my mom's closet because she always has random vintage pieces that I knew could work for my character, Ms. Leroux. After scouring the deep ends of her wardrobe I found a black mid length dress with ruffles on the neckline and black suede pumps. I also took a pair of black leather gloves and a fringy shawl to complete the look. The day of shooting I needed accessories so again, I went through my mom's things, (sorry mom if you're reading this) and I took a pearl bracelet, necklace, and earrings. It looked perfect with the outfit! The goal was to make myself look at least fifteen years older than I am and I think I accomplished just that.

Alex is playing a detective so I suggested he find a specific coat and hat to portray his character, Jeremy Briggs. He shopped at Goodwill and found an awesome grey trench coat with buttons and a thick collar for just five bucks! You can't beat that. He then went to Burlington Coat factory and got a typical detective fedora hat. I must say, he and I really hit the nail in the head with our costumes and we can't wait to film!
-L









No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

My Creative Critical Reflection