Friday, March 10, 2017

Inspired by Mr. Anderson


       Yep, you guessed it, a major change has just happened! Alex sent me a document last night with a totally new idea for our film opening, and I loved it. Inspired by director Wes Anderson's iconic two shot films, Alex wrote up a short script for a crime film with some comedic elements. The opening scene consists only of a woman and male detective, so we agreed to each play those parts. That way, we don't have to rely on any actors/actresses to be available when we need them, making the process a whole lot smoother. Also, we have the resources more readily available to us for this type of film over my first idea.
       So now, is time to do some research. We are going to focus on Wes Anderson's common stylistic approach (symmetrical shots shown to the right) in his films and also conventions of crime/mystery films. We are currently bouncing off cool ideas which makes me super excited to start creating! Specifically, I came up with the idea of having the opening credits spelled out with mismatched magazine letters, which is typical of crime shows and movies. Alex came up with playing the Brady bunch instrumental theme song before the scene to contribute to the film's comedic and uplifting elements. 
      So far, we have really gotten the ball rolling on our project and if anything else changes I will make sure to let you know. Thanks for bearing with me.
-L 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

My Creative Critical Reflection